Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not disturb for one contact group

Banana
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I use my Samsung Galaxy A6 for both work and personal use. I've created a contact group for my work contacts - what I'd like to be able to do is set a Do Not Disturb for that group when I'm not working. I can only see how to set exceptions for the Do Not Disturb feature, but I want the opposite really - to only apply it to a small group of people. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Aaron_
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 29 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
If you have a group chat on the messages appication, click the 3 dots in the top right once in the group chat, and there should be an option for do not disturb. You can also try WhatsApp, where you can mute the group, which means you will get the messages once you open the app, but you will not be notified by them.
Message 2 of 16

Banana
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I want to be able to stop phone calls coming through at weekends and in evenings though. I'm not contacting these people in a group chat or anything, they are from separate companies that contact me individually for work purposes.

Message 3 of 16

Aaron_
  • 29 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
You can stop incoming calls manually, by going into phone-> settings -> supplementary settings -> call barring. Then you click on incoming calls, and input your code.
Message 4 of 16

Aaron_
  • 29 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Let me know if you need more help, or if I didn't explain something clearly.
Message 5 of 16

Banana
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks yeah I don't want to barr anyone, I just want to be unavailable to work contacts at certain hours each day. 

Message 6 of 16

Aaron_
  • 29 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
In phone application, you can go into settings, press on block numbers, and then block ans unblock any numbers whenever you wish.
Message 7 of 16

Banana
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I'd have to go in and manually block and unblock each individual contact every day? That sounds like a lengthy process for something I was hoping to be able to flick a switch quickly for. What is the point of the groups in the Contacts section if they can't be treated differently in any way other than having their own ringtone? 

Message 8 of 16

Aaron_
  • 29 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Apologies, I think I see what you mean now. Please click on the link below for a step by step guide.

https://www.samsung.com/nz/support/mobile-devices/how-to-setup-do-not-disturb-for-different-groups/

Message 9 of 16

Banana
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I said in my original post - using the exceptions option is the opposite of what I want. I want to only apply Do Not Disturb to a small group of people! The majority of my contacts are welcome to contact me, I can't set them all as exceptions.

Message 10 of 16