cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to install .681 before I can get the .575 bug fix

Anonymous
Not applicable

My z1c has been telling me that the .681 Kitkat is waiting to be installed but I chose to ignore it after reading Sony forums - so I currently still have Jelly Bean. 

I was hoping to just install the Kit Kat fix .575 (I imagined it would be complete KitKat) but now I am unsure if I have to install both ?

Sorry if this is a stupid question and thank you for any replies..

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It will be a few days before the latest update is available OTA. It has started to roll out but not everyone can get it immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous The fix is only available via pc companion at the moment so when you plug the phone in it will tell you what updates you have to install if you are checking via the phone itself that will be why you are seeing .681
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It will be a few days before the latest update is available OTA. It has started to roll out but not everyone can get it immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understood it's better not to do it OTA so was going to try PC companion (when I do get round to it).

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I've not had a problem with OTA updates.
However, if you were to have a problem you can always do a repair through PCC.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do it via pc companion it is available now

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I realise it's available now.  I am sort of putting off doing the update as need to be in the mood to do factory reset afterwards along with setting the phone up again with my settings, apps and o2 settings etc.

I was only intending to use PCC as can backup things on there beforehand I presume or else would have used OTA as it might be easier. 

One other question - if doing it via PCC do I leave the phone on or off?  (I seem to think with Samsung Kies F/W updates the phone had to be off?  

Thanks for your responses.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You leave it on when plugging it in and it will guide you through the whole process

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You connect to PCC with phone on but it will have turned off by the time the update is complete (all done by the programme - just connect phone and leave it alone until the PC states the update is complete).

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9