cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distorted battery in my samsung s4 mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone has started switching itself off when it gets to around 20%, and can then only be turned back on with the charger connected. My battery has now become like a pillow and pushed the outer edge of my phone outwards. Only had phone in July of last year. Does anyone else have this problem with their s4 mobile? And what do i need to do? Very very scared as it could of caught fire. Thanks Zoe

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for that clarification @MI5  I for one will certainly know in future....

Can I ask if this was just a S4 issue or have there been problems with other Samsung models (I had the S3 and Note 3 and nothing of this nature occured with those two)...Fingers crossed for the Note...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 26

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If the phone has been overheating to the extent that the OP says, I would be sending the phone for inspection for my own piece of mind.

Message 22 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Can I ask if this was just a S4 issue or have there been problems with other Samsung models (I had the S3 and Note 3 and nothing of this nature occurred with those two)...Fingers crossed for the Note...:smileywink:

It could effect any phone with a battery made by that particular plant in China during a certain time frame.

It did not effect any batteries made in the Taiwanese battery plant.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great advice Rich.
Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Cleoriff spoke today with Samsung direct from the list you supplied. They took a few details and are sending me a new battery - might be here tomorrow - hope this helps as screen still looks bent in one corner. Will see how we go and ring about repair if I need to. Thanks again
Message 25 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased to hear this Zoe. As we hoped, Samsung did act quickly. If you do have any concerns about that screen then please ring them again to get the phone looked at. Best of luck wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 26