Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Deactivating internet

I have an ace samsung and am in France at the moment.  My mobile keeps deactivating so I cant use skype when I waqnt to.  I have to turn off then oin again but within a minute or two it has switched off again.  I am unable to switch it back on with the options menu.  Has anybody had this problem ? It doesnt seem to stop me having data bills but I would like toswitch on and off as and when I like.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Deactivating Internet

Hi there,

Have you always had this problem when you go abroad? Or is this just a recent issue?

Do you have any problems with the Internet in the UK? You could try a manual network selection if you have not done this already?

Highlighted
Anonymous

have no problems in uk and always pay bill which can be £40 for internet abroad plus my usual tariff.  Wondering if its my handset ???

Highlighted
Topics: 129
Kudos: 236
Blog Posts: 1
Solutions: 42

One way is to press the power button and bring up the shutdown options menu and choose turn Data mode off. This will allow you to only use GSM mode when data is not required.

Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.