Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

PattyG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Galaxy A50 & see my data usage has jumped from 2.00gb to 2.70GB. I have never gone over my data before. I get a message for software updates but when I click on to update is says you are not connected to wifi......but I am connected to wifi for whatsapp, viber etc.  I don't understand what's going on.  Please help !!!!!! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@PattyG 

Try rebooting your wifi router as it may have dropped out.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi Patty,

Its very common for your new device to use more data than your old one. This is generally because newer devices tend to have faster response times/ improved, processors,  ram etc. From a browsing perspective you will probably load more pages in 10 minutes on your new device compared to your old device. 

Also depends on what settings you had setup on your old device also especially around restricting background data usage for some apps. 

on your A50 you can manage background data by the following:

1. From a Home screen, swipe up from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
    Note These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings Settings icon > Connections > Data usage.
  3. From the Mobile section, tap Mobile data usage.
  4. Select an app (below the usage graph) then view usage.
    Note To restrict the app from using data in the background, tap Allow background data usage to turn off.

Hope this helps.
signature
Message 3 of 3