cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage when receiving MMS messages?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just had a samsung s3 mini and when i receive a MMS message i am asked to download it, it doesn't just appear in the body of the message? It used to on my HTC device.

Also when i download the message is this also using my data allowance?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there is somewhere in your settings that will allow you to auto-retrieve the messages if you turn this option on. Have you got any sort of data allowance? I think it will use some to download, so if you have turned your data off you wont get it I don't think. If you incur a daily charge for accessing any data (I.e. have no data allowance at all), I think receiving the MMS will cause you to incur this charge.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there is somewhere in your settings that will allow you to auto-retrieve the messages if you turn this option on. Have you got any sort of data allowance? I think it will use some to download, so if you have turned your data off you wont get it I don't think. If you incur a daily charge for accessing any data (I.e. have no data allowance at all), I think receiving the MMS will cause you to incur this charge.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

A MMS message does not use data but you have to be connected to an internet connection on your phone to send and receive them,

Message 3 of 3