Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

enough
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you tell me how over the weekend my data usage was 0.2mb and on monday I used 1.04 mb when my data usage was off and I did not use my phone. Looking at Data usage I supposidely used Netflix and Podkicker pro, which I did not plus I have wifi?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

As fellow customers with no access to your account I'm afraid not.

It's possible maybe your phone switched from wifi to mobile data.

I'd keep an eye on it and if it happens again check the settings in your phone.

You can turn off mobile data in your phones settings which will stop any connection apart from wifi
Message 2 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Hi, it is possible that you had a wifi drop in signal resulting in the data coming on for a short time.
This could also happen on switching on, if you turned it off as mobile data will load before wifi and will start to do a sync with various accounts.
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

In the general scheme of things, 1.04mb isn't a huge amount of data. It's possible that the sequence of events happened as viridis suggested and the two apps you mentioned updated in the background. You can go into each individual app in Google Play and untick automatic updating, if you wish. You can also specify in Google Play settings that your apps update over WiFi only.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
1mb is start up boot data before WiFi connects at a guess.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing if the OP is upset by a 1.2Mb usage, they haven't got O2's promotional 20 Gb data tariff? Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 6