cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged camera

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

My Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is one week old today. Noticed this morning the camera lens is cracked. I havent dropped it and when it is in my bag it is in a pocket on its own. Now I am not saying it magically cracked by itself but I am guessing I have knocked it and not realised. Will this be covered under the 14day returns policy or warranty?

If I take it back to the shop do you think they will just exchange it for a new phone? 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
No because user damage isn't covered by warranty.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
No because user damage isn't covered by warranty.
Message 2 of 8

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You would have to claim on insurance if you have it.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have a look at house insurance and bank accounts to see if you have anything to cover accidental damage, however, if it is just the lense cover it may be cheaper to get a repair quote from Carphone Warehouse or Samsung directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have never heard of a lens cracking without being knocked, dropped or otherwised banged. I would send it off to Samsung for inspection, see what they say and then take it from there.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

A friend of mine had a similar issue with his S5 - samsung quoted in excess of £100 for a repair - apparently it's the whole camera unit that has to be replaced.

Message 6 of 8

djlukew
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Had a similar issue with my M9.

Took it to the store where I upgraded, had a chat and looked over the handset. Could see there was no other damage visually and they exchanged it for me.

The problem seems to be best related with the M9 and my thread on Xda has many replies from users with the same problems

I would go and speak to staff and see if you can find someone reasonable to deal with. Having worked in store for O2 myself I know how these faults are perceived by staff. But it just needs a bit of common sense sonetines

http://forum.xda-developers.com/one-m9/help/cracked-glass-camera-cover-t3073421
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thats a great outcome for you @djlukew. Not absolutely certain that others would have the same result though. As you suggest it is definitely worth a try....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8