cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service and Customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is up with companies these days that CS can't/will not/able to answer questions from customers. I hate being told sorry can't give a time scale but it will be very soon,That makes no sense to me or anybody else and yes before you ask I was trying to find out when o2 was pushing out 4.1.2 for Note 2, all other UK carriers have pushed out only o2 left and when you ask that's the reply you get. Companies these days need to keep their customers informed of the latest information about and when you say that you get told sorry can't tell you anything as it's business sensitive and don't want other carriers to know what we are doing. DOH the other carriers are not interested as they have already pushed the update out. aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

iechyd da

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Tell customers a date and then plans change = complaints.

Tell customers you don't know until something becomes official = complaints.

Most advisors will go for the lesser of two evils and just say they don't know until something becomes official.
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pablo,

So you think that's the way to go "Most advisors will go for the lesser of two evils and just say they don't know until something becomes official", Well for 1 I don't as stated an approx date is better than what customers are told, you can say," Update is in testing and we hope to push this out in 14 days time, subject to any problems being found and if this happens we will inform customers". That is better than Sorry no time scale but it wll be very soon.

Also I'm sorry I still don't understand or get that it takes over 3 months to test this update,(Sorry MI5 but o2 are getting like Sky, 4.2.2 has been out for 2 weeks and is still in testing why?). I can see before long customers are going to say enough is enough. I do find the post about CS staff don't know anything a bit odd, As they are called "Guru's" and that means  "teacher" or "master",but now we get told they are not this. Crazy

iechyd da

Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144217 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry MI5 but o2 are getting like Sky, 4.2.2 has been out for 2 weeks and is still in testing why?

I'm not disagreeing with you wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

paul1360 wrote: I don't as stated an approx date is better than what customers are told, you can say," Update is in testing and we hope to push this out in 14 days time, subject to any problems being found and if this happens we will inform customers".

There have been many updates where this is exactly what happens.

Abs for one has been making these as and when he has the information.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for delay in getting back, Why they keep this all so hush hush is beyond me o2 is the last UK carrier to push this update out and why they not give an approx date is beyond me, it's like the KGB, MI5, CIA and the Masons lol keeping this information a secret, Having Nexus devices really shows how slow carriers are at pushing out updates to their customers.
iechyd da
Message 15 of 15