cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to home wifi Galaxy s3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help, please!

Turned wifi onn phone on, and tried connecting to home wifi, entered wap key.

Phone comes up connecting and shows the signal strength as very strong.

Phone says equiring ip address

Phone says saved and secure

Phone then goes back to connecting

Then says Network Disabled, Poor connection yet still shows signal strength as strong.

Phone connects to internet over mobile network no problem

Help please.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the login is correct, and like I say the same thing happened at my daughters, however it connected to the open network instore, and to my network last night so don't see it being the phone?? Will have to find a BT poenzone and try that

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144332 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You should log into the router and temporarily turn off the security. If the phone then connects it's either a problem with wep (try wpa if that's so) or you are using the wrong password......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I tried connecting at my daughters, same issue, I tried connecting at my sons, same issue, different networks, different routers. I tried connecting at an open zone, same issue.

O2 are now sending me a replacement handset, hopefully this one will be ok.Thanks all.

Edit: Also turned off all security and still getting the same network disabled, poor connection despite showing full signal strength

Message 13 of 13