Did you mean: 

Connecting Galaxy S5 to laptop

hellynewman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I seem to have developed a problem connecting my galaxy s5 to my laptop with the usb cable. It plugs in and charges fine (and shows up on the phone that it's connected as a media device) but doesn't show up on my laoptop.

Any clues?

Thanks!

H x

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I once had the same problem and found that the USB cable was the problem. Symptons were exactly as you describe. Do you have another cable to try?

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Also, if you have just updated to lollipop, you will need to give your laptop time to re load the drivers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

hellynewman
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I updated lollipop about 2 weeks ago and it has worked since then, now just seems to have stopped for some reason, don't have a different cable (my s2 cable annoyingly doesn't fit) so will try and order a new one and see if that helps!

Message 4 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Lots of issues can come from connecting via hardware of the Cable, try going into computer control panel/ system/ hardware manager and, while connected, remove the phone from the list of devices. Then remove hardware of the cable.
Turn off pc
Turn on pc
Reconnect phone.
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Lots of issues can come from connecting via hardware of the Cable, try going into computer control panel/ system/ hardware manager and, while connected, remove the phone from the list of devices. Then remove hardware of the cable.
Turn off pc
Turn on pc
Reconnect phone.

Really good answer @viridis wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@hellynewman wrote:

(my s2 cable annoyingly doesn't fit) 

It should fit - it is exactly the same......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @hellynewman any luck with this? Let us know if you find a solution as it might help others having the same issue slight_smile
Message 8 of 8