Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of phone and SIM

HHGTTG
Level 3: Thinker
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

About 4 weeks ago I bought a new unlocked Sony Xperia Z3 Compact phone, already owning an old HTC Desire S. I went to my O2 store and asked them to change my Text and Web account over to a Nano SIM for the new Sony phone (the HTC had the larger Standard SIM).

Everything seems to have gone OK but I have noticed that as of today, I haven't yet been nagged by texts from O2 to top up by the 6th Nov (my account date). I'm sure this would have occurred by now. Today I'm going to put in another £10 top -up to be activated next week and then I usually receive a text verifying the top-up.

Would transferring my account over to the Nano SIM somehow have stopped these O2 reminder texts?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
No it wouldn't have stopped the reminder service as long as it went through all ok.
The sim is just the device that carries the account info and identity so by swapping sims it's still the same info, just in a smaller module.
You can easily check with customer services that the correct Text and Web account got transferred and not just the number by calling on 4445 or by any of the methods on http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
No it wouldn't have stopped the reminder service as long as it went through all ok.
The sim is just the device that carries the account info and identity so by swapping sims it's still the same info, just in a smaller module.
You can easily check with customer services that the correct Text and Web account got transferred and not just the number by calling on 4445 or by any of the methods on http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for that reply @viridis  Always good to know for me as a 'just in case' scenario wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 7

HHGTTG
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

Thanks. Well, I do also now have the O2 App on my new phone and have signed in and everything looks OK on there and I always get a reminder on the phone, of my balance after sending a text to someone.

Message 5 of 7

HHGTTG
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Just check in MyO2, it should still show the same tariff.

Yes, it does. Text and Web etc.

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@HHGTTG wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Just check in MyO2, it should still show the same tariff.

Yes, it does. Text and Web etc.

All good then:smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 7