cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I'm thinking about changing my number as getting a number of dodgy texts which are costing me money, what do I need to do to back up my texts and contacts? any advice would be appreciated, I have a Samsung S6, regards

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They should be saved on your phone anyway, but you don't need to do anything as o2 will change your number on the system so no need to change sim cards even.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They should be saved on your phone anyway, but you don't need to do anything as o2 will change your number on the system so no need to change sim cards even.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is also a guide here that helps explain how to stop the texts you are getting http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premiu...

Currently using:
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

One number change is free of charge. I would be chasing the company responsible for the charges for a refund. 

Check the number here :

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk

Message 4 of 4