Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Anonymous

Re: Cant receive texts or phone calls.

I know it seems unlikely, but all I know it that none of the new sims work properly after being in my current phone, even in different phones, which is why I feel I need to try a new sim that hasnt been in my current phone. I know it sounds like a crazy, crackpot theory: "evil phone corrupting innocent simcards, spreading it's taint into any phone it touches" - it just seems unlikely that the simcards are either not working properly to begin with, spontaneously failing, or a service issue that is stopping phone traffic into my phone.

Topics: 765

@Anonymous wrote:

I know it seems unlikely, but all I know it that none of the new sims work properly after being in my current phone, even in different phones, which is why I feel I need to try a new sim that hasnt been in my current phone. I know it sounds like a crazy, crackpot theory: "evil phone corrupting innocent simcards, spreading it's taint into any phone it touches" - it just seems unlikely that the simcards are either not working properly to begin with, spontaneously failing, or a service issue that is stopping phone traffic into my phone.

I agree...it all appears to be pointing at the phone....

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker

I would point out here that you have 28 days to return faulty goods....so the longer you keep trying different fixes  ...your time is running out.

One last thing....Have you tried a back up and reset....?

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 571
Solutions: 15,895

It is clearly either phone or network fault.
Do other people o O2 suffer similar issues in the same area?
If not, swap the phone before your 28 days are up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,249

I would definitely do the phone swap now. At least you can then be sure whether it's the phone or account related.

Anonymous

No i havent tried a reset yet, but is something i will try soon.
In terms of returning faulty goods, i didnt actually get the phone from O2 with the contract, it was my brother's old phone he gave me when he upgraded, which is the only reason i got the contract as my old PAYG sim was not suitable. It worked absolutely fine when he gave it to me, and worked for a week when the contract started before i noticed said problems.

Your brothers old phone? I had no idea of that. Had he been having problems with it before he got a new one? Smiley Surprised

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,249

Factory reset then before you do anything else. Make sure you have it backed up.

Anonymous

Ah right, sorry, probably should have mentioned that before.

He didnt say that he'd had any problems with it at all, and he's not the sort that would hide or lie about such things, it was simply just time in his contract that allowed him a new upgrade so he took it. But I shall contact him and ask if he had any such, or different problems with it.

[ Edited ]

No problems at all @Anonymous

It does look as if back up and reset is the best option now then... as I mentioned above...Best of luck with it...

*The Game Is On*