on 03-12-2015 10:25
I meant to post again earlier this week, but kept forgetting.
Anyhow, I went through all last week constantly testing my phone to see if it was working and waiting to hear anything from O2 about them fixing it, but nothing. Then came the weekend and I was getting ready to contact customer services to rip them a new one (not really, far too polite for that), so I tested it again and it's working again. Got somebody else to contact me - still working. Got even more people to try contacting me, still working again.
Finally Had O2 contact me this week saying that the problem - Orange to O2 porting failure - has been fixed.
So thanks to everybody and their suggestions, and I hope this helps anybody with a similar problem save some time with the diagnosis - took 2 weeks to figure out what was wrong and another 1 for them to fix.
on 04-12-2015 08:06