cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive texts or phone calls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies in advance for the long read.

I recently started a new contract with O2 3 weeks ago, and for the first week (at most) it was working absolutely fine. Then last week I discovered that I could send texts (although would take some time to reach the person) and couldnt make or receive phone calls. I did a SIM swap this weekend which allowed me to send texts properly but not receive them, and make phone calls but not receive them. I went back to the store where they tried my SIM in another phone which showed no different results, implying the SIM is the problem still. Last night I did another SIM swap and still nothing has changed. I tried the SIM in my old phone and the same problems are occurring - send but not receive texts, make but not receive phone calls.

I find it unlikely that 3 SIM cards in a row are faulty (bearing in mind the first one worked for a week), which to me means that either my phone is somehow corrupting or breaking the SIM card, or it is some sort of account problem that is allowing outgoing but not incoming phone traffic.

My next plan, unless somebody suggests otherwise is to attempt another SIM swap (number 3), but this time quarantine my current phone and put it straight into my old phone, or another that they have in the store perhaps - to eliminate the possibility that my phone is at fault.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant to post again earlier this week, but kept forgetting.

Anyhow, I went through all last week constantly testing my phone to see if it was working and waiting to hear anything from O2 about them fixing it, but nothing. Then came the weekend and I was getting ready to contact customer services to rip them a new one (not really, far too polite for that), so I tested it again and it's working again. Got somebody else to contact me - still working. Got even more people to try contacting me, still working again.

Finally Had O2 contact me this week saying that the problem - Orange to O2 porting failure - has been fixed.

So thanks to everybody and their suggestions, and I hope this helps anybody with a similar problem save some time with the diagnosis - took 2 weeks to figure out what was wrong and another 1 for them to fix.

Message 41 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Best of luck with it now @Anonymous Thanks for reporting back...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to see you back in the forum @RonDewing! And good to hear the problem was finally fixed! 

Message 44 of 44