Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Anonymous

Re: Cant receive texts or phone calls.

@Cleoriff wrote:

I will say one thing @Anonymous no-one can fault your persistence in trying to get this sorted. I would probably have given up by now. Well done you. Smiley Wink

Thank you, I have very tempted to just ignore the whole thing, particularly as it coincided with the release of Fallout 4 (so many lost gaming hours trying to sort it out, lif is so unfair), but I'd then be left with an improperly working phone where I can contact people but nobody can contact me - somewhat against the point.

At this point now though, I just need to determine if it is the fault of my phone or of O2 - you cant solve a problem until you know what's causing it.

Topics: 763

Ah Fallout 4....Many on here have become 'obsessed' with this new game...Confused LOL

Not me as you see.....

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous

You are the hero this forum deserves.

Anonymous

For anybody still following this saga - I did another sim swap, putting directly into my old phone. Upon its activation, the person serving me phoned the number and it seemed to come through alright. "Yay!" I thought.

I then gave it a few minutes, walked around a bit then phoned up a mate and asked him to send me a text followed by a phone call. Five minutes later nothing, so I phoned him up and he said he tried both. So it seems the problem has gone nowhere, despite that confusing early success right after the swap.

What this does tell me, and the person at the shop when I went straight back, is that it is not a phone issue as it had not touched my current phone at this point, but must be an account issue.

So, thus armed with the fact that it is definitely not my fault, I delve into the realm of customer service... I may be some time.

Topics: 571
Solutions: 15,782

Good luck. Get them to disconnect and reconnect you from the network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous

Ok then, just finished talking to customer service - got bumped around from post to post a bit as they tried to establish what was wrong, but it seems like they've figured out the problem as a porting issue - it seems that, when I transferred my number from my old sim and network, not everything transferred correctly, so Ive been part of 2 separate networks and therefore anything on the O2 side worked fine, while anything still on the Orange side fell between the cracks.

They assure me they will contact Orange to try and fully transfer it all over within the next 5 working days, so hopefully there should be no more problems, or at least if they are they will already know about them and they will deal with them.

I shall update when something happens (or doesnt) for anybody still interested/suffering the same problems and is trawling through forums looking for a solution. Thanks everybody for your help and suggestions.

Quite possible. We've heard of many problems porting from Orange so hope that sorts it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Topics: 578
Solutions: 4,212

Anonymous

I have the same problem as I have just changed from Orange to O2.  Have you solved the problem?

Ask o2 the get orange to resend the port files.

Currently using: