cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive texts or phone calls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies in advance for the long read.

I recently started a new contract with O2 3 weeks ago, and for the first week (at most) it was working absolutely fine. Then last week I discovered that I could send texts (although would take some time to reach the person) and couldnt make or receive phone calls. I did a SIM swap this weekend which allowed me to send texts properly but not receive them, and make phone calls but not receive them. I went back to the store where they tried my SIM in another phone which showed no different results, implying the SIM is the problem still. Last night I did another SIM swap and still nothing has changed. I tried the SIM in my old phone and the same problems are occurring - send but not receive texts, make but not receive phone calls.

I find it unlikely that 3 SIM cards in a row are faulty (bearing in mind the first one worked for a week), which to me means that either my phone is somehow corrupting or breaking the SIM card, or it is some sort of account problem that is allowing outgoing but not incoming phone traffic.

My next plan, unless somebody suggests otherwise is to attempt another SIM swap (number 3), but this time quarantine my current phone and put it straight into my old phone, or another that they have in the store perhaps - to eliminate the possibility that my phone is at fault.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, cheers, will try that. Is it relatively easy to carry out, I dont want to ****** it up?

Message 21 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, cheers, will try that. Is it relatively easy to carry out, I dont want to ****** it up?

Here you are. Instructions from Android specific to the LG G2

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-factory-and-hard-reset-the-lg-g2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 44

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Settings>Personal>Backup & Reset>Factory Data Reset

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks guys, will try that when I get home so can backup to my computer. Will let you know how it goes.

Message 24 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @RonDewings, please do come back and let us know how you get on

Message 25 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I tried the factory reset last night, but that doesnt seem to have made any difference... apart from losing me my progress on Fallout Shelter, which seems to have not been backed up properly with everything else 😞

Message 26 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As expected unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I figured seeing as the sim wasnt working in multiple different phones, but thought it best to go through methodically and try everything.

I think my next move is to ascertain whether, after carrying out yet another sim swap, a fresh sim works before it goes into my current phone (LG), either in my old phone or in a spare phone at the store. If it works, it is likely that my phone is causing the problem, if it doesnt then it is some kind of service or account issue.

Message 28 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, I would agree with that process.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I will say one thing @Anonymous no-one can fault your persistence in trying to get this sorted. I would probably have given up by now. Well done you. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 44