Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Can't update S2 to ICS - help ?

Hi

I have tried many times now, on different computers, to upgrade from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich via Kies / USB.

Every time Kies says that the software installed is the latest & there is no update available.

I don't  understand this as O2 (my network) released ICS a few weeks ago.

PHONE = I9100PXXKI3

PDA = I9100PXXKJ4

CSC = I9100PO2UKJ2

Others with this phone seem to have been able to upgrade fine.

Can you advise please ?

thanks

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Can't update S2 to ICS - help ?

Have a read here and see if that helps, then let us know pls.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Manufacturers/ice-cream-sandwich-update/td-p/217051

iechyd da 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks - but that's a long thread !

Could you summarise for me - will I be able to upgrade at some point (hopefully soon) ? And why are some S2's getting the update & others not ?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi

O2 virgin here, but I can read threads Smiley Tongue.

Seems my SGS2 I9100P NFC edition is waiting fot the ICS flavour for the I9100P NFC version update. I presume it must be due to a difference in the actual software to allow for the NFC stuff etc.

As long as it isnt too long now I'll wait (impatiently).

On a slightly different note my Kies is requesting to update and when it goes through install nothing happens, Im still on the older version. Anyone getting this?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Ok connect up to Kies and tell us what firmware you are running at the moment pls..
iechyd da
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

re the KIES thing, I am running version 2.2.0.12014_18 which is fully operational and showing phone datd etc.

I keep getting prompted to update to 2.3.0.12035_16. I hit upgrade, it goes through all dowload and file extraction modes etc and the on restart I get upgrade available again!!

Doing my head in Smiley Mad