cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to WiFi if there is a welcome or login page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, hopefully someone can help me with this.

I have no trouble connecting to regular WiFi on my SG S4, but since I got it a few weeks ago I can't connect to O2 WiFi, The Cloud or anything like that.

The WiFi signals show as normal in the list and seem to make the initial connection, but then my browser isn't able to display the welcome or login page, or anything else.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd try registering with the wifi app http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/wifi and if still no luck call 202 as the issue must be account side.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

If you have previously used O2 wifi on a different device you may have to text wifi to 2121 to reset your mac address.

Or use web form here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=29&q1=26

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just tried logging in to O2 wifi after completing the form you mentioned, but I still have the same problem.

I also just tried texting wifi to 2121 and it is failing even though I'm in a good signal area.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Where is the wifi you are trying to connect to?
I've always had problems with Costa but McDonalds work fine.
It could be an issue with the hotspot you are trying to connect to?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I was trying to connect in Pizza Hut. When I've tried to connect to O2 previously with this handset it's been in Costa.

I never had a problem with any O2 wifi connection pre-upgrade.

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd try registering with the wifi app http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/wifi and if still no luck call 202 as the issue must be account side.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got the WiFi app. I'll try calling them then.

Thanks

Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We do get the occasional user that struggles for some reason but it doesn't seem to be a widespread issue.
Let us know if you get it resolved and good luck.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had issues connecting to O2 Wifi in Pizza Hut, Bella Italia and McDonald's - I can't get past the Welcome page and even going thru the FAQs and trying to follow the links to resetting, I just get bounced back to the Welcome page - which knows me as it says "Hello Karen" every time.  I have what looks like a full signal but can't connect to any site, be it news, social media or whatever. Have been tweeting O2 about it (as it was easier at the time) and they linked me to a help page but my phone doesn't have the settings they depict in the menu guidance - I'm on Nexus 5.  I've only had it since March so it occurs to me that it might be because of the issues mentioned in this thread with a previous device?  I clicked on the link provided in another reply but that only offered The Cloud and BT Openzone as options - I have been on The Cloud without any issues.

Message 10 of 15