cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Barring PIN

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, I am just wondering this information would probably help many of you. By default O2 sim does not come with call barring options. So you need to take some simple steps and then your call bar option will work smoothly.

Step 1: Phone O2 customer service from your O2 pay monthly mobile phone, and their current number is 202. Once they pick up the phone after security checked for data protection just ask the phone advisor to ENABLE YOUR CALL BARRING OPTIONS. Advisor will probaly ask you why you want to bar and give your own reason.

Step 2: Advisor will either put you on hold or will request network team to enable this options for you or will tick call barring option in his system.

Step 3: Advisor will advice you that it will take upto 24 hours to enable this call barring options. And will also provide you default password for call barring option for o2 what is 0000. But you can always change it according to your way.

If you got android phone then go to settings and call options and find call barring settings. select it and it will provide you number of options whether you just want to bar all calls or outgoing and incoming calls or only nternational call etc. whatever your preference is just select them and choose your password that was given by o2 advisor and then you are done.

Please do not use guessing game...like your password is 5555, 1212 etc...it is always better to know your passord and use it correctly. because as I said by default this option is not enabled so they need to reprovision your sim card or add this option and once call barring option is acttive on your account then you are free to bar any incoming or outgoing calls according to your unique preference. Hope this is helpful ?

N.B- if you have email account then normally o2 will send details instructions how to put call bar and what code to use etc.

Thanks Everyone

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for sharing.
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Good of you to take the time to write this guide slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I have read this but need to ask @jonsie ...why would we need to do this?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
To be honest @Cleoriff  it's not something I would have need of except if I'm overseas. Some of the obvious options :
Bar all incoming calls
Only bar incoming calls while roaming
Bar outgoing calls
Bar all international calls.
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
To be honest @Cleoriff  it's not something I would have need of except if I'm overseas. Some of the obvious options :
Bar all incoming calls
Only bar incoming calls while roaming
Bar outgoing calls
Bar all international calls.

Oh I see...thank you. I don't think I would need it either..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for sharing @Anonymous !
Message 8 of 8