cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs after lollipop upgrade with GalaxyS5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I have updated my S5 to android 5. I have also done a full factory reset.

I am now having problems with certain features not working over WiFi. I have a microsoft exchange e-mail account and it will not update over either my home or work wifi, as soon as I move on to mobile (3/4G) data I get all my new e-mail updates immediatly. I also have a hotmail account which auto-updates over wifi as I would expect. The 'OK google' voice search feature also does not work when I am on WiFi, but does work if I turn off wifi and use 3/4G.

I also have a problem not being able to set the sensitivity for apps on my lock screen, I can only see all or none of the notifications. I currently use a pin to lock the phone, and when I go to "sound and display"->"sounds and notifications"->"App Notifications" the only option I can find is "show notifications" nothing else. I have tried following the advice given on posts from google searches but they all assume I get see the options, nothing about what happens if they are missing.

I also can't find any reference or options to allow making additional "user accounts" which is something I wanted to do.

Beyond these annoying bugs 5.0 seems to work ok. I had a quick look and can't find any posts about similar problems from other people. If anyone could give some advice about how to get these bugs fixed/features working I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I think user accounts need to be enabled in settings >security >trusted sources ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

For the lock screen problems try this. Hope it helps slight_smile

• Menu > Settings
  • Sounds and notifications
  • Select notification > "While locked"
  • Select "Show All Content"
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 

When I look for "settings >security >trusted sources" I can find Settings>System(heading when in list mode)>Security" I can't find anything that looks like trusted sources in this screen, the closest is "Trusted Agents" which seems to be just allowing Google's smart lock.

@jonsie  

Much like with the suggestion from MI5 when I look for "settings >> users >> add user or profile" I see no option for "users" or anything similar. Perhaps not finding this is because of not finding the trusted sources options.

@Anonymous 

I have found that option. But I was under the impression I could chose "hide sensitive content" and then on specific apps make them "sensitive" or "not sensitive" so only the ones I want to would display detials on the lock screen. It appears that every app is currently marked sensitive so none show. The options im looking for are like those mentioned here http://www.greenbot.com/article/2851690/how-to-make-the-most-of-android-5-0-lollipop-s-new-lock-screen-settings.html

Thanks for all the responses.

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We need someone with an S5 to confirm if Samsung have included those features or not on their ROM. They may not have included everything that Google have offered.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

On my Nexus 5 you can adjust the 'sensitivity' of individual apps I believe:

When i 'wake up' (but don't unlock) my phone, I can see lock screen notifications for Hangouts/Whatsapp/ Lookout anti-virus etc.

If i press and hold on the relevant one it changes colour and a little 'i' in a circle appears on the right hand side of that notification, and somewtimes a settings 'cog' icon too. If i tap on the 'i' I am then prompted to enter my pattern to unlock my phone, and it then goes directly to a settings section for the app that has generated the notification.

There is also a setting under 'Settings' => 'Sound & Notifications' => 'When Device Is Locked' to change what is or isn't shown.

Do either of those methods help? 

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks PhillPark, but I can't customise my lock screen anywhere. And I think you might be right MI5, that or my update just went really badly some how. Is there anything other than a factory reset that I can try?

The wifi problems I'm having are far more annoying. Is there anything I could try to get things working over the wifi again. I'd like to be able to get my e-mails without changing to 4G each time I want an auto update.

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The only other thing you can do is a firmware repair with Kies or a reflash with Odin.
Kies: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/
Odin guide: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous
Did you try this last recommendation?
Message 10 of 11