cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New phone with a cracked screen?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just earlier today I bought an Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 from the O2 Metrocentre store (reciept time 16:03). I got it home and charged it up, only touching it to dismiss notifications every half hour or so. Once fully charged. I took to finally play with my new phone, and the bottom of the was unresponsive (the home button and app tray) I turned the phone and the light reflected in a hairline crack in the bottom left corner.

I do believe I wasn't at all responsible for this crack, and would I be entiled to go and swap it for a new one in the shop tomorrow without paying for a repair?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You would, if you "noticed the crack upon opening the box"
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Both my dad and I agree upon the fact it was a very hard crack to spot. It's only visible when the brightness is only full and/or you go looking for it. Plus the phone was opening for me in the shop and then put back in the box, the woman should have said something if she had of noticed it.

Message 3 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22944 Posts
  • 1023 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Why do you think the woman in the shop knew that there was a crack in the screen? All you can do is return it tomorrow and hope that they'll swap it for you. If not, it will have to be sent for repair at your expense.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe the woman knew, because it is very hard to pick up on, but I think if she had of noticed it she would have said something and swapped it before payment. I just have to hope, I really cannot afford another phone so soon and the muesum want my old phone returned to them asap.

Message 5 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 19

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Proving the fault was there at time of purchase will ne difficult.
Good luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 19

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
But how would they know?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 19

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unless the OP pointed out the crack maybe the store wouldn't know. Just say it's a change of mind?

Message 10 of 19