cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery and back up of ipad before sent back to O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all. Back sooner than I thought.  Earlier this evening received an email from O2, to tell me  when I returned my ipad  'Please make sure that if the item you are returning has a separate battery, that this is installed in the phone', also back up all your personal data (contacts, photos, etc.) because once you return your phone to us, this will be lost.  Never backed anything in my life, can someone help?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Battery isn't removable so no need to worry about that and if you haven't used it you won't have anything to back up either.
The only way you can easily make a back up of an apple device is through itunes so if you have anything you want to keep, you need to install itunes on your pc and connect the ipad - follow the instructions within itunes to complete the back up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I am going to call in @MI5 for this @Anonymous He is the best to advise you..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou again.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Battery isn't removable so no need to worry about that and if you haven't used it you won't have anything to back up either.
The only way you can easily make a back up of an apple device is through itunes so if you have anything you want to keep, you need to install itunes on your pc and connect the ipad - follow the instructions within itunes to complete the back up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thankyou for that but there was some emails on it when they disconnected my mobile.  I will delete them all on the ipad before I package it up prior to sending it back. Itunes is alien to me, only because I have other forms of entertainment on my laptop. Spotify, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your emails will all be stored on an online server anyway so will download onto any new device.
Just reset the ipad in settings and send it back.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou for the help, I can now retire knowing all's been done.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries.... rest easy slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A job well done. Just remember @Anonymous pop back anytime you need help...Oh and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great work guys! @Anonymous As mentioned above please do come back and and let us know if you have any further questions. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 10