O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner

Automatic Network time is wrong

Hi, for some reason I have noticed today that on my HTC phone when I automatic network time is ticked it keeps defaulting the location to Iran time zone. The same applies to when my phones location is switched on. Any ideas as to why this is happening? On my home screen it says Birmingham and 16.15 when it's actually 13.15? Rather annoying. Any help would be appreciated.
Topics: 495
Solutions: 9,578

Re: Automatic Network time is wrong

What country do you have selected in settings?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum. When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, are taken away.

I have it selected as Greenwich mean time, but as soon as I switch location on it goes to Iran time zone

Have you got a "save" option you're missing?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum. When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, are taken away.

No save option, there is a tick box that says either automatic network time or not. I have unchecked it and get the actual time but as soon as I select location services for gps etc it goes to Iran time again

This is a weird one.
Are you on 4g or wifi?

Currently using:
iPhone7 (EE)

Topics: 60
Ideas: 2

I thought the phone took the time from the mobile service provider. My HTC used to dislike "automatic time zone" when in Germany years ago, never could find out why.

If you are an Android user, are you set something like this pic below? 

Screenshot_20180123-195001.jpg

It is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. Douglas Adams.
Topics: 622

Just wondering where @MattJ3388 bought the phone from? Could this have an effect on the time zone if bough from Ebay...or abroad?

*The Game Is On*

Shouldn't make any difference.
Location services should set it to where it's being used.

Currently using:
iPhone7 (EE)

Phone bought in UK, so shouldn't make any difference and yes pretty much like that just newer screen