Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any TabPro S Users?

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

I've got my eye on it, but would love some user feedback if anybody has any experience with it?

Currently got an Asus Tranformer T100 which I use in a similar capacity (mini laptop/tablet hybrid) however it doesn't have 4G capability - not a major issue with hotspot on my phone but not as slick, haha.

It's a hefty investment, but looks like a nice toy, which I can also justify as a useful tool. slight_smile

Appreciate any thoughts anybody may have!

Cheers 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I've got one (bought it as a Christmas present for my lad) so far I've set it up and wrapped it.
I have to say it was very fast whilst setting it up and downloading apps and the screen looks excellent.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Apologies @MI5, I didn't see this reply for some reason!

Thanks for the feedback, hope your lad enjoys it slight_smile I did weigh it up, but in the end decided it was just too much of an investment - I can't really afford it outright, so would have been taking it on a Refresh deal, and the up-front cost combined with the monthly repayments make it rather costly.

I ended up plumping for the Z4 tablet instead, which I will be collecting tomorrow. Picked up the Grade A, which haves £120 off the cost over the term, and the savings mean I was able to go with the 20GB data plan so plenty of data to use when out and about. I notice you're an Xperia user, what do you think of the Z3? I used to have the Xperia Z Ultra until it met a rather untimely demise and became 100 mini Z Ultra's in my pocket, haha! It was a fab phone though (or should that be "phab" 😛 ), was absolutely gutted when I broke it and the insurance company replaced with with a Note 3 as CPW who serviced their replacements no longer carried the Z. 😞 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I use a Z5 phone and a Z3 Compact Tablet.
The tablet is by far the very best 8" tablet I've owned.
@viridis has the Z4 Tablet and he says that's awesome too.
My Z5 is the dual sim version and never fails to do anything I ask of it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Z4 tablet still the best android tab available, bar none.
Z3 was pretty cool and still held In high regards by Sony users, including myself when it comes to power and abilities.
Only downside is, everything since has built on it and into history it will go as one of the best Sony phones.
Message 5 of 9

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions
Thanks chaps, some fantastic feedback as ever!

I was originally looking at the S Pro because it was more of an upgrade to my existing T100, and running Windows so perhaps more useful for "productive" work, however when I sat back and looked at what I actually use the tablet/hybrid for at the moment there's certainly not a lot of productivity, haha. I've got a desktop and a laptop, as well as a PC in work, so there probably aren't too may instances where I'd need to sit and do "real work" on it. That, coupled with the cost saving, made the Z4 the winner.
Message 7 of 9

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Sadly the Z4 isn't turning into the dream it was supposed to be. 😞

Received my order when scheduled, and I was very impressed by the quality of the device. Got it all set up, and then unfortunately discovered that the keyboard wasn't powering up or charging at all. So I arranged for a replacement - it took a while, however this was more my fault than O2 as I was always at work so had to arrange the swap for yesterday. Courier duly arrived, left me with a new package and took my old one away.

All good, until I sat down with a cuppa to open the new one up and found that I had a shiny new tablet, but no keyboard at all this time. 😞 Not great, but quickly resolved and hopefully a new keyboard is on it's way out to me so that I will finally be able to try it out and give some feedback! 

Message 8 of 9

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Well once it all comes together you'll be very impressed
Message 9 of 9