Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Pie release - Honor 10

masterwai
Level 3: Thinker
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When can we expect Android Pie to be released to our phones.

O2 are always so late with releases it is ridiculous.

I have two identical phones with the other on another network and that received Android Pie many weeks ago!!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Hey @masterwai, thanks for reaching out.

We're picking this up with Huawei as the update should have been released for Honor 10 customers on O2 by now. I do want to clarify and emphasise however that with this being an 'open market' device (that is, it wasn't sold or ranged by O2 and doesn't have O2 customised firmware) we have far less influence or control over these software releases than O2 customised ones - the update is typically released directly by the vendor (ie, Honor) with very little intervention from network carriers.

Our apologies again for the delay. If/when we hear back from Honor, we'll keep you posted.

Hey everyone (and @masterwai),

Just wanted to let everyone know the Honor 10 Android Pie update has been tested and approved on our end, and returned to Honor to schedule/push the update to our customers. You should receive the update soon - typically within 1-2 weeks in most instances, though this can be shorter or longer depending on the vendors own plans or schedules.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Try putting the other SIM in the O2 phone if it's unlocked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

masterwai
Level 3: Thinker
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

that is not a bad shout! still does not excuse O2 being so slow with releases.hahah

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No, but we can't fix that unfortunately.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're picking this up with Huawei as the update should have been released for Honor 10 customers on O2 by now. I do want to clarify and emphasise however that with this being an 'open market' device (that is, it wasn't sold or ranged by O2 and doesn't have O2 customised firmware) we have far less influence or control over these software releases than O2 customised ones - the update is typically released directly by the vendor (ie, Honor) with very little intervention from network carriers.

Our apologies again for the delay. If/when we hear back from Honor, we'll keep you posted.

Message 5 of 7

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Hey everyone (and @masterwai),

Just wanted to let everyone know the Honor 10 Android Pie update has been tested and approved on our end, and returned to Honor to schedule/push the update to our customers. You should receive the update soon - typically within 1-2 weeks in most instances, though this can be shorter or longer depending on the vendors own plans or schedules.

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thanks for that info @Chris_K wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7