cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 4.4 KIT KAT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

new version of Android Kitkat should roll out and will be available for couple new phones.

HTC One, S Galaxy S4, Nexus 4, 7 . and couple other. There wont be big changes, but should be faster and main thing save the battery. Does any one know more when we will get it?

Message 1 of 171
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it's a case of keep checking in the forum.

And in blogs etc.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 171
170 REPLIES 170

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it's a case of keep checking in the forum.

And in blogs etc.

Message 2 of 171

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you bought your phone through O2 and it's branded, don't expect an update any time soon. O2 have never been very quick in the past with rolling out Android updates. There isn't any reason why they would be any speedier with this one.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 171

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Every manufacturer will have a different timescale and each model will have a different launch date.
Check the oe blogs for specifics on each......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope we get it by christmas as a present wink , I heard some things gona change to better, so wish to have it as soon as. But I was promised by o2 that N.I. will have full coverage 3G (don't laught) will be happy at least for that as we still dont have full signal coverage Smiley Mad. and dreaming about 4G.If it goes like with Ip5S delivery don't hope o2 release it by 2013 end.

Message 5 of 171

Voy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I hear KitKat uses resources better and less, and can run on older droids with 512 MB of memory. I hope my veteran Galaxy S2 will get it.

Message 6 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable

KitKat is available for all the Nexus devices by this month, HTC one GPE will get this anytime now to sometime next month.

Normal HTC one will get this in January. Samsung gs4 and note 3 to get in January gs3 and note 2 in april as well according to a supposed leaked document.

The Moto G will be getting it in January I believe. Sony also said they would update the xperia z,z1 models  no timeframe given and also looking at other non flagship phones like the xperia SP and T. That is all I remember at the top of my head.

I must also point out like the others have these are for the international or unbranded devices. With carriers like o2 expect an even greater delay!

Message 7 of 171

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Voy wrote:

I hear KitKat uses resources better and less, and can run on older droids with 512 MB of memory. I hope my veteran Galaxy S2 will get it.

Samsung have already said that they have stopped software support for this model, so an official roll out won't be available, however, there is already a custom ROM based on 4.4 available from XDA.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 171

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
One thing Rich has taught me...nothing is impossible. Just follow his advice.
Message 9 of 171

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
Just follow his advice.

LOL.... Now then young man... about all this partying going on Smiley Very Happy

Currently using:
Message 10 of 171