Did you mean: 

A genuine Thank You to O2 Live Chat and Taz at shop in Strand

Rraa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a note to say something positive for change.:smileywink::smileyhappy:

I recently got an upgrade and selected the Samsung G S3.  After a bit of worry on my part about the swapping SIM from old handset to new, I found that I was not picking up incoming calls.  After chatting online with Rocky of O2, he kindly suggested I could get a new phone handset as it was within the seven day period and I had not received/picked up calls since getting the phone home.  The good news is, when I went to the shop, Taz at Carphone Warehouse recognised me BY NAME and even recalled that I had got an upgrade with O2. I was impressed with that because this shop is on Strand, central London where there are literally hundreds of customers popping in and out each day. 

It ended up with me learning HOW to pick up the calls. Smiley Embarassed I have to put my finger on the round green icon and stroke it gently to the right, rather than, what I was doing, tapping it or hitting the home button, or swiping it too quickly, or holding the phone to my ear (which is another way to answer the phone apparently.  

Anyway, I kept my handset that I took home on Tuesday and have now fallen back in love with it again.heart

Thanks also to they guys on here who gave me advice about the length of time it normally takes a SIM to swap.  

Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Good to hear your getting on with the S3. It has many features and functions that sometimes need finding. It may be worth you having a read through the manual http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/GT-I9300MBAVOD-downloads
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Rraa
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5.  I should look at that lilnk because I am finding that a message is popping up now which tells me

"Can't establish a reliable connection to the server.

This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data service. If it contiues, call Customer Care."

This was seen last night when I tried to register my Google account.  I shall have a read on the site you pointed me to and see if there are suggestions on those pages. wink

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
are you connecting to data via wifi or on your phones 3g data connection?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Rraa
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Trying WiFi first but how do I make it do so by 3G connection? 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Just turn off your wifi and 3g should kick in automatically. You'll see "3G" or "H" at the top of the screen. I get the same error sometimes on wifi when setting up a phone account.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Rraa
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks again MI5!   Am toddling along nicely now. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You'll soon get the hang of it slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8