Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5th or 6th faulty S21 5G

Renegade
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have been here before when I enquired about my faulty phone. Since then I have had around 5 more phones that have all gone the same way.

They start off by overheating, then the sim card tray unit no longer accepts or works. The problems that then arise are overheating, sim cards no longer working, extremely slow phone due to sim card error message popping up and the extrenal speakers no longer work. O2 have bene good by replacing the phones with a second hand used handset but I cannot handle this any more. I cannot be wasting hours upon holurs trying to contact them via their website to explain just to wipe my device to have it replaced for it to happen all over again a month or two down the line.

There has got to be a way for me to get out of my contract without having to buy myself out.

My new phone I have only had around a month or so but I haven't noticed any overheating, but trying to have a video call or liosten to music I noticed that the speaker no longer works.

The phones have never been dropped or exposed to any water, the only game I play regular is CODM (Call of Duty Mobile) I have every setting on low so as to not overload the phone and make it overheat, oh and Fishdom, Township I cannot see it being them. I do stream on my phone and I have ad-blocker / pop-up blocker added but again my phone hasn't been overheating.

HELP ME PLEASE?

Can I get out of my contract without paying it off as I cannot afford that.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

As you have had a working phone so long there is not much that can be done @Renegade 

To fix the speaker you could try talking to Samsung directly and see if they can help resolve it.

To answer your question, no there is not much that can be done to get you out of your contract early.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

As you have had a working phone so long there is not much that can be done @Renegade 

To fix the speaker you could try talking to Samsung directly and see if they can help resolve it.

To answer your question, no there is not much that can be done to get you out of your contract early.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Renegade Why do you keep posting the same query? You aren't going to get the answer you're looking for.

Re: Samsung s21 5g overheating - O2 Community

This is a customer community. Contacting customer service may or may not be able to help.

Try O2 via social media:

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Or call 202 from your mobile, 0800 032 1402 from any phone, or numbers in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You're either O2's unluckiest ever customer or the problem lies with whatever apps or games you have on the phone

I suspect the latter

Maybe try the phone without installing the games you have at the moment

Message 4 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Asus ROG are better for gaming. Due to the chipset, heatpipe design and sustained performance. Just a thought really.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 9

Renegade
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would hardly say "I KEEP POSTING THE SAME QUERY" in my head it was two different questions, but then I went on a bit of a rant lol. I posted this then I found out how to get to my orignial post, so I came back to this to delete it, but I can't.

Message 6 of 9

Renegade
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I have decided to get in touch with Samsung and get them to either repair it or replace it. I fear the latter is the best option as things are going south and fast with this handset with regards to problems.

Message 7 of 9

Renegade
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I play CODM, but I have the graphics set to a minimum and a few other settings also set to low as to not make my phone overheat, FIshdom (frequently) and Tiownship (as and when I am bored of the other two) That is it as far as games go on my phone.

Message 8 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Me personally do not think unless something is designed to play games dedicated then, I wouldn't be using a mobile phone. 

As a PC builder I know that heat kills components . So you need airflow....failing that you need thermal dissipation in form of heatsink or heatpipe solution. Desktop graphics and motherboards still use this.

Even in this smaller form factor heat will be an issue. So something like the above handset from Asus would be better for gaming. 

Admittedly I never really push my phone hard although as long as I can still make calls.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 9 of 9