Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.1 update for xperia z1

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Does anyone know when or if the 5.1 update will be available for the xperia z1?

The last message from Sony (http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2015/07/21/android-5-1-lollipop-rolls-for-the-xperia-z3-and-xperia-z2-se... was that the update was being released for z2/z3 (etc) on 21 July with z1 and the rest "over the coming weeks".

Given that was 5 weeks ago, what's happening?

As a slight aside, how do people view o2 for sending updates? Better or worse than other networks? And are Sony better or worse than other manufacturers? (Obviously this is all interpretation, unless someone has tracked who issues updates, when and how long it took!!)

Ta,

Gary

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
My Z1 on Virgin contract was updated a few weeks back!
Message 11 of 28

blighty59
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good for Virgin and you! Welcome to o2, Rather be here than there, even if I have to wait for my update

More info
Fantastic
Message 12 of 28

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Haha @blighty59 I'm also an o2 customer, best of both worlds..

I use the Virgin phone as a back up, and for the camera. My o2 contract is my main line, buuut as we all know one network doesn't give u full coverage everywhere. After testing a few payg sims from all the main networks I went with Virgin.

They run on EE so the data is very fast and as I was a Virgin media customer when I took out the contract, I hey a really good deal.

Lmao being "loyal" to any mobile company will get you precisely nowhere, I'll go where I get what I want when I want it!
Message 13 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Don't feel you need to explain or justify your choices. I am with o2 and EE, we do what's best for ourselves. Many people have two or three phones on different networks.

Message 14 of 28

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Now if we could just get National roaming it would fix 90% of the problems we get on here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 28

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Now if we could just get National roaming it would fix 90% of the problems we get on here.

if only.....

Message 16 of 28

blighty59
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Don't blame yo there, for me o2 are the only network I can use to get a good signal at home, it was not meant badly, if I could be bothered I should unlock my Z1 and have another network sim!
Message 17 of 28

blighty59
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

So... The update came through during the week. Looks good. Phone seems to be running slightly smoother but that might be in my head. 

But. I am constantly getting a notification for low memory on the phone - less than 25%. Not surprising but very annoying. I actually have about 2gb internal memory left on a 16gb handset thanks!

Does anyone know how to fix this, or get the notification to stop coming up?

Thanks!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 19 of 28

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Delete unused apps, delete videos and photos after copying them to pc, or sd.
Clear cache partition,
Download clean master and run it for saving storage space.
Message 20 of 28