cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G+

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, do you think that O2 will release or has in the pipe line for them to enable 4G+   (like EE has at the moment on there network?)

Would be great if they could, O2 network speeds on 4G are not the best - I average out around 20 to 30 mbps?

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Two quick questions.

First , does the O2 supplied Sony XZ Premium display 4G+ on the display when in a relevant 4G+ area?

Second, is there a list of 4G+ areas anywhere? 

I don’t think Cardiff is a 4G+ area (which is shocking IMHO) but it would be nice to know where I can pick up the higher O2 data speeds.

Thanks in advance.

Message 31 of 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All Sony's from the Z3 on show 4G+, as I understand and no, never seen a list anywhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 43

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I noticed 4g+ popping up a certain places. Leeds, Carlisle, a few places in Edinburgh and the London area. Bandwidth requirements from app to app.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 33 of 43

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I started to get a better reception in the past few months. Even on the sleepy hollow of Falkland. A village near Cup at, Fife. Whereas 2 to 3 years ago I never really got any signal.
Message 34 of 43

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Cupar even.
Message 35 of 43

GUK
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took this screenshot whilst my Network Cell Info Lite app was open a couple of days ago, when I had 4G+ in Ipswich. In the top-left, the 4G+ symbol is put there by the app, but the top-right is how Sony display it (that's an XZ).

4gplusipsncilite.jpg

Everyone is keen to get a map of 4G+ coverage; the closest thing you can do is sign up on the Cellmapper site and download its app to your phone, so it can report back automatically. It's a bit like the Mozilla Stumblr app, but it lets you move the cell location from where it's estimated to be, to where it actually is; if you know, of course. O2's MyNetwork app lets you see where their transmitting cells are, for example, and uses Google Maps like Cellmapper - so you can easily compare estimated locations (almost always inaccurate) on Cellmapper, and correct them. So, as a result of letting Cellmapper run on my phone in that 4G+ area the other day, and with me knowing where the cell was already, it was able to show me the coverage (that it had confirmed via my phone) on the site's map view. It also confirms that O2 are running 4G+ on "band 3" (which is elaborated on a bit on the Cellmapper page), and it's LTE-A. I dare say a lot of you knew that, but I thought I'd demonstrate how you can at least map any 4G+ receivable to you, and indeed show others. I have nothing to do with Cellmapper or its app, by the way (and it's free). I don't have anything to do with NCILite either, but I've recommended that before on here and it was fine.

[I don't know why the "last seen" times regarding that one 4G+ cell are incorrect; that's the only thing which is "wrong" with anything).

4gplusipscellmapper.jpg

Message 36 of 43

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
All broadband speeds average as not all internet connections require full bandwidth.
Message 37 of 43

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good God above! 

4G+ showing in Ossy on a Note 4....how is this possible? 

Screenshot_20**Personal info**-**Personal info**.jpg

Message 38 of 43

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Maybe this got approved?
http://www.thelancasterandmorecambecitizen.co.uk/news/15445707.More_join_calls_against___39_eyesore_...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Good God above! 

4G+ showing in Ossy on a Note 4....how is this possible? 

Screenshot_20**Personal info**-**Personal info**.jpg

Blimey @jonsie You must be special....cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 43