cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G on my S4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, a 4G tarrif and am in a 4G area. However, I have no 4G signal and on my S4 I have no option to select 4G. Am I missing something?

Kam

Message 1 of 117
116 REPLIES 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem, my s4 is from O2 and I don't have the 4g option. I've been in contact with O2 support and only thing they can do is to send it for repair but they said that O2 can't replace it for a new one Even though its O2 Fault.
Message 31 of 117

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have the same problem, my s4 is from O2 and I don't have the 4g option.

Did you read page one of this thread?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 32 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

My S4 was direct from o2 has not got the software update   yet...... 

I am still enjoying 4g capability thanks to that free app in which I do not have a stake in.

Soon as that update arrives I will remove said App.

I am disappointed It did not work as advertised but thanks to the forum a workaround was presented .

Message 33 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am still enjoying 4g capability thanks to that free app in which I do not have a stake in.

I am disappointed It did not work as advertised but thanks to the forum a workaround was presented .

Screen shots please.

Message 34 of 117

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this app from the Play Store, or from a different source? If the answer is the latter, I would be wary of it. It's a well known fact that most malware on Android phones comes from apps that are acquired from sources other than the Play Store.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 35 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

FACT: That app does NOT work as suggested. Tried it, hated it. Doesnt have any option for 4g, and even if it did, i cant see how it would by pass the fact the phone not having the right firmware

Message 36 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think its worth being a touch clearer. I uninstalled that app within 5 seconds. It has a LOT of ads associated with it, and more to the point, is crap

Message 37 of 117

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This was not thanks to the forum as you are the only here who claims that this app works.

I would advise everyone to ignore it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 38 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for pointing this out...to be honest think the mods need to do more modding! I tried it and it doesn't work and uninstalled. Now just awaiting the firmware patch.

Message 39 of 117

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for pointing this out...to be honest think the mods need to do more modding! I tried it and it doesn't work and uninstalled. Now just awaiting the firmware patch.

I have asked for the references to this app to be removed.

Message 40 of 117