Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Calling on Huawei P20?

Incarniac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On a pay monthly contract, but bought the P20 from somewhere else (i.e. not from O2) and there is no option that I can find in settings to enable VoLTE/4G Calling in the settings. This is on EMUI 9 (so Android 9/Pie). Is there a way to get this working? The account has 4G Calling enabled (but I've not tried yet to disable and re-enable it).

I know it's not listed on the list of supported devices, however his O2 Guru Device Help page for the P20 implies it's doable (at least if the phone was bought from O2).

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Incarniac O2 firmware is required so not possible unless bought directly from O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Incarniac O2 firmware is required so not possible unless bought directly from O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Incarniac, I hope the information above answered your question but please do let us know if there's anything else we could help with slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 4

Incarniac
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It does, thank you, and was what I was suspecting (but hoping otherwise) - I won't ask if the P20 (non-O2) will at some point get VoLTE because no network will make any promises or give timelines for that kind of stuff wink

Message 4 of 4