cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.2.2 For HTC One X

Anonymous
Not applicable

Following Perksie's advice from the other similarly titled thread that has been listed as solved by someone, thought I'd open a new thread, so any HTC One X users can report on any correspondence they have with O2 about the roll-out of 4.2.2 to the HOX.

The last major update (to 4.1.1) left a lot of users disillusioned with O2 after conflicting answers from a variety of sources. If anyone can tell me how to post a link to that thread for reference I will. I will also copy and paste my comment from the other ('solved') thread below.

Let's hope O2 get it right this time.

@Toby & @Chiara, can you help us at all....?

Message 1 of 206
205 REPLIES 205

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You can do it without flashing the boot.img, but that needs s-off, which unless you were very lucky, we can't get yet
Message 51 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just checked, mine is s-on. Will any "gapps" file be ok or does it have to be specific to HOX+ ? Which one did you use ?
Message 52 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread appears to be turning into a "How To Root Your HTC One X" thread, not one relating to the 4.2.2 update. In order to stay on topic, could someone (who knows more about rooting than me) open a new thread on that subject, and then link to it here, so that this one remains on track?

@ Toby - still no news???

Message 53 of 206

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah sorry I'll stick pm messages about the rooting:-) I'll start pestering o2 like I did with the last update
Message 54 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable
Re. becoming thread about rooting..... point taken, but if they, O2, would get their finger out there prob wouldn't need to be any talk about rooting.
Message 55 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable
:robotwink:
@Anonymous wrote:
... if they, O2, would get their finger out there prob wouldn't need to be any talk about rooting.

Amen to that!

I think an up to date thread about rooting is a good idea, just don't want people to think we have forgotten about the update in the meantime!

Message 56 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 57 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep fair point, the rooting conversation wouldnt be discussed if o2 got their finger out and released the update at same time as other carriers. Rooting is also something i would consider but due to the fact i am not even half way thru my contract, the risks kinda outweigh the benefits at the moment.

I dont think we are being unreasonable here, its not as if we are demanding this update before anyone else, just at the same time would do... and not have us sitting waiting with the standard "some time in the near future" reply.... which incidentally translates to me as "whenever we can be arsed"

Im sure if you where in work and your boss asked for a progress update on an issue he wouldnt accept the reply "Be with you over the coming weeks" ... as customers I dont really see why we should accept some generic answer like this either

Message 58 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know if the "forthcoming" update can be removed if, as I posted earlier, people don't like it compared to current OS ?
Message 59 of 206

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
A few people over here not impressed with update.

Some mixed reviews there, and a lot of impatient people in India! Think it's silly lots of people updating with "I've just got it" etc. and given no info regarding their service provider or even country! Not very helpful!

Come on O2, KitKat will be here before we see 4.2.2!

Message 60 of 206