cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G or 4G - Sony Xperia?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the Sony Xperia z 1 and I am just curious as to how I can tell whether I am currently 2G/3G/4G. With my iPhone it was obvious - it said 3G etc at the top.

However on the Sony Xperia it just has E, H or G - E used to mean neither with Iphone.

4G is rolling out soon in my area - anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144603 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

Yep, I get 4G no problem.
I was just pointing out that I've never seen "3G" on the handset - Only "H" for a 3G signal.....

Anyway, as I believe the OP is a Vodafone customer they may have a different character set in their software....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23138 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Umm...if they're on Vodafone why are they posting here?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 15

MI5
  • 144603 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Because we are a friendly forum with knowledgeable members and Voda's isn't.....????
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know I had to be a current O2 customer to post here?

I was an O2 customer for 12 years and left 6 weeks ago - do I need to leave here too?

MI5 mine is the same - never shown 3G but I get H and H+  and until all you helpful people posted I didn't know what these meant. Much simplier on Iphone (not better, just simplier :smileyhappy:) but was just curious as to when I would know it was 4G when it comes to Edinburgh - sounds like it is obvious.

Message 14 of 15

MI5
  • 144603 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
No it doesn't matter which network you are with and you certainly don't have to leave.
I only mentioned it in case you had a Voda branded phone and they used different symbols to O2.... But it sounds like yours is the same as mine slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 15 of 15