Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 refresh a word of warning

Eazydoug
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I recently got a LG nexus 5 on 02 refresh, I was duped into thinking this was a premium phone, don't get me wrong I love the phone, but the same week I took it out of the shop, it was only worth £75, if I wanted to trade it in, so just to spell this out, as of today sim free in an 02 shop this phone would cost you £529, or £449 on pay and go, the moment you walk out of the shop, it's worth £57-75 on the recycle scheme, 02 said it was not their fault, I beg to differ, had they told me about it's value and been a bit more upfront I would never have bothered trading in my Galaxy S4 for this, So always check with the sales assistant as to the current value of ANY refresh deal, then you won't get rippped off like me.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apart from the site staff we are all customers like you.

Sometimes your not going to hear what you want to etc.

If you look at your reply to me that could be taken as a little hostile which another member commented about.

Take care.
Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

When i upgraded to my Note 3 i knew i would be paying a lot of money over 24 months and also knew that i could get the phone cheaper from a large list of companies but i dont have over 500 quid to spend on a phone all in one lump.

As for 2nd hand value, of course it isnt going to be worth as much as you paid for it, this is how 2nd hand markets work, they have to make a profit and to do that they will only pay a fraction of the value but still sell at a higher rate.

O2 say that you dont pay interest on that phone but price them a little higher so that they still make a bit on the interest free loan that they give you, it is how companies do business. I can gaurantee i know who you would go with if one company offered the same phone at a lower price but added interest on top and the other priced the phone at a price with no interest even if those prices ended up being the same after 24 months.

The prices at O2 might be a little bit higher but no matter where you buy a phone from it will still be worth the same at a 2nd hand shop like CEX etc.

Message 12 of 12