cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Mobile insurance - O2 entered in the wrong colour of my phone when purchasing insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just purchased mobile insurance with O2 for my Samsung S3 mini pearl blue, however when my confirmation came through the mobile description was for Samsung S3 mini white.

I rang customer services and they said as I am on the 28th day since purchasing my insurance they cannot cancel it and set up a new one with the correct description. They said there should be no problem; however I am concerned that the insurance has the wrong colour for my phone. The customer services advisor said we have the EMEI number and will make a note that it is pearl blue.

Anyone out there know what I should do next? Should I cancel the insurance or should I be ok as O2 have my EMEI number for the mobile, even though the phone is the incorrect colour on their description?

Regards

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just rang 02 customer services again and they apologised for the mistake, they spoke to the insurance department and said that notes have been put on my account to say that I have purchase the Samsung S3 mini pearl blue.

If my mobile was to be stolen they would replace it with the model that I purchased it with using the EMEI number and the notes on the account. They assured me there will be no problems...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If Customer Services are telling you they cannot cancel it, what would be the point in you cancelling it? You have the IMEI number. That should be enough. Chances are if you did lose the phone or it was stolen, it wouldn't be found anyway. The phone couldn't be used in this country if it is reported lost or stolen.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
if they have to 'cancel' it and create a 'new' one, thats an internal process.
as far as your concerned, o2 have made a mistake on the Insurance and i would have thought you should expect them to rectify it with no negative effects on yourself.
i'm i wrong to think that? they may claim that you should have seen the error within the 28 day period but its still their error.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just rang 02 customer services again and they apologised for the mistake, they spoke to the insurance department and said that notes have been put on my account to say that I have purchase the Samsung S3 mini pearl blue.

If my mobile was to be stolen they would replace it with the model that I purchased it with using the EMEI number and the notes on the account. They assured me there will be no problems...

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions