cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text messages being sent to 006592324290

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi just wondering if anyone can help me with this problem. my new sony experia s on pay monthly is sending text messages with out my consent to the above no. i googled and found it to be to singapore from mcfee security . this was an app on my phone which i thought was a free 7 day trial. i have now unistalled it but has anyone had this same problem and has it really gone from my phone or do i need to reboot phone to remove it completly. thanks.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think your teminology might be a little off:

Reboot - turn phone off and back on

restore/reformat/reset - restore it back to factory defaults.

If you meant ("do i need to restore"), i wouldn't jump straight into it as its a bit of a pain re-downloading your apps etc. Give it some time and see how you get on... If it's still sending the messages try clearing the cache then a factory reset. 

On the off chance you did mean "reboot/restart", then yes it wouldn't hurt to turn it back off and on again. Hope that makes sense!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It should be gone but a reboot never hurts.

More on this here:

http://www.androidguys.com/2009/09/23/wavesecure-beta-for-android/

I think it's only supposed to send a text if the sim is changed.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think your teminology might be a little off:

Reboot - turn phone off and back on

restore/reformat/reset - restore it back to factory defaults.

If you meant ("do i need to restore"), i wouldn't jump straight into it as its a bit of a pain re-downloading your apps etc. Give it some time and see how you get on... If it's still sending the messages try clearing the cache then a factory reset. 

On the off chance you did mean "reboot/restart", then yes it wouldn't hurt to turn it back off and on again. Hope that makes sense!

Message 3 of 3