cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy ace 2 set up

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi ive just got an upgrade samsung galaxy ace 2 but how do you set it up?? i want the facebook app an whatsapp app and cat get them. Also email wont set up.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you are having trouble setting up other email accounts you need to find your providers email settings off their web page and set up manually. Don't use the auto default settings as they may be wrong.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to log in on your phone with a Gmail account then use the "Play" app preloaded on the phone to search for the apps you want to download.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks ive tried to set up gmail an the screen keeps saying 'your email will apper shortly' that was 15 minutes ago

Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Try setting it up on your PC  and then you can just log into it on the phone.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks ive tried to set up gmail an the screen keeps saying 'your email will apper shortly' that was 15 minutes ago

How did you set it up? All you need to do is sign in on phone with a GMail account and it automatically sets up your GMail app. Or just open the PLAY app and it will ask you to sign in (sign in using your GMail details).

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Can you get online at all with this phone?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi yea I set up the gmail account an managed to do the downloads. Thanks.
The ordinary email tho won't start up
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea I can put in a www. Site or http an that works
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you are having trouble setting up other email accounts you need to find your providers email settings off their web page and set up manually. Don't use the auto default settings as they may be wrong.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9