cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s3 4.3 update

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was one of the 'lucky' people to catch the upgrade to 4.3. 

I've now disabled the smartstay & have been rebooting my phone after i have made any use of the GPS - this is keeping the battery life ok, but I still get dropouts when playing media files & the wake up is occasionally sluggish.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has heard any info other than the comment from samsung that they are investigating.

I'm undecided whether to reset my phone back to 4.1.2, although I have no idea how to do it, if it's going to be months until a fix then I guess it would be worth doing. Anyone heard ANYTHING? I'm not at all interested to hear about disgruntled users - these things happen & I'm sure the poor overworked developers are doing everything than can to fix the faults the test team failed to spot. 

Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
The CSC is I9100OXAEMG4
Thanks

GB
Message 11 of 66

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Update all done and sorted
CSC now 19300OXAGMK6

Much improved performance and battery life.
Message 12 of 66

MI5
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi.
The CSC is I9300OXAEMG4
Thanks

GB

Thats standard UK unbranded firmware so you are due the udate now....

Devices are updated in batches and the updates pushed from the Samsung servers directly to your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5, 

I hope you can help, my phone got the problematic 4.3 upgrade a few weeks ago and so is now running firmware I9300XXUGMJ9. 

I am still waiting for the patch to be pushed to my phone and have been checking it a few times a day since I heard that it was coming (since Sunday) but get the usual message saying that I already have the latest updates.

My S3 is unbranded but bought from O2 with CSC I9300VFGGMJ5 - would you know if I am also due for the I9300XXUGMK6 patch? Does it make any difference that I am overseas with my phone? Will I have to wait until I'm back in the UK?

Thanks in advance - JM

Message 14 of 66

MI5
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Hi Jams
It makes no difference where you are as the servers latch onto the CSC of the phone.
However, if you have written your CSC correctly that is a Vodafone device, but not a UK one 😞 ?
Can you check with *#1234# just to be sure
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, this is definitely the CSC - in fact, what has happened is that the push came to my phone OTA and I had all the reported issues with it, I then found what I thought to be a previously unlreleased stock firmware and flashed it to my phone - which has made a small improvement...oops :-$

Would you know where I can get the correct 4.3 firmware from so I can flash it and then wait for the patch?

Message 16 of 66

MI5
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Understood slight_smile

Go here and type i9300oxa into the search box.

This will give you the troublesome "MJ9" firmware which you need to load with Odin, then go onto the phone OTA update section and download the latest "MK6" patch file.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great - thanks very much, I'll give this a try later this afternoon!!

All the best - Jam

Message 18 of 66

MI5
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
No worries - Shout up if you need any help.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an S3 with AP :I9300XXEMG4 CP:I9300XXEMG4 and CSC : I9300XXEMG3

Will this be getting an update i assume at some point? Never got the initial 4.3 version OTA so have been lucky thus far in not seeing any problems. BTW this phone does not have any 02 branding apart from when I go to the play store there is specific 02 stuff that shows up in the main menu.

Oops just read further up that the firmware I have is unbranded stuff and that the new software is available, however Kies doesn`t seem to reckon so, shall wait tonight and see if it pops up.

Message 20 of 66