cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems connecting to hotel WiFi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I'm currently away on business and can't connect to my hotel WiFi. I've checked with the hotel and all seems well. The problem seems to be on my list of available WiFi networks tells me that sign in is required to join the network but when I click on it, it doesn't bring up the hotel's page for me to contine. It just says searching for ip address before saying internet not available. I'm using a Galaxy S3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A soft reset is just removing the battery for 10 mins. It ensures the internal memory is powered down completely. However, this sounds like your phone is not happy with the security settings on the WiFi hotspot you are trying to connect to....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried a soft reset ?

A hard reset could help but also can delete saved data so a back up is recommended.

http://www.hard-reset.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-hard-reset.html
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you tried more than one browser? Make sure you haven't got pop ups blocked.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Restart the phone and try again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I do a soft reset?
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried to restart and never worked and pop ups are allowed. Thanks for all responses!
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A soft reset is just removing the battery for 10 mins. It ensures the internal memory is powered down completely. However, this sounds like your phone is not happy with the security settings on the WiFi hotspot you are trying to connect to....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7