cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no video call option since April 2017 update s7 edge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondered if anyone else has lost the video call option since the April update ? or is there an option to turn it on again. 

I used this regular and it was a great feature. yes I'm fully aware that there are apps available to video call but when I try and get my 78 year old dad to install apps it all goes Pete tongue.  so the inbuilt video call was a godsend.. please help / advise thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144081 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I can't answer if it was removed by Samsung in the update as I don't have an S7, but it's likely as it isn't a widely used feature in the UK.
If installing an app is difficult for your Dad, why not just install it for him?
Google Hangouts will stay on and connected at all times the phone is on so he won't even have to remember to open the app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
with my father living in another country I can't install it for him. does anyone know where I can find info about this please thanks in advance
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144081 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Try asking Samsung http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/category/mobile/mobiledevice#
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous do let us know how you get on as it would be really great to know this information. slight_smile

Message 6 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
If your dad has an android device, if you and he log into the same google account you can download a video calling app to the phone.
Two big if's obviously...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 11

JimmyGS2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have also lost this on my Galaxy S7 as well. Was it Samsung or 02?
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144081 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
O2 don't write the ROM's, they just test and add their own wallpapers etc.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi thanks for all the replies. I had another update last week and now the video calling has been 're instated back to the s7
Message 10 of 11