cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network disabled because internet connection is slow - S3 upgraded to 4.3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently upgraded my S3 to 4.3 and everything appeared to be fine.then today my phone won't connect to wifi networks, sayingits checking the quality of the connection, then reports the networkis disabled because the intenet is slow.

this is happening on my home network, where my other devices work just fine (the phone was working on it earlier).

now i have figured out that if I disable the Mobile Data, it connects to the home network. so, to me, this implies there's an issue with the phone, rather than the network.

has anyone else experienced this? any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Yep, disabling is another option - Just remember to enable it again after you've finished setting up wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5 but there was no option to enter any pass key.  I just kept saying unable to connect.  (That's because I didn't have a Wireless OR standard network connection.  The standard network came on all by itself.  Not sure why. Did I just have to wait 10 mins?  (My NFC setting is permanenly on for some reason and I can't turn it off) will reboot the phone when it's finished all these upadates 😕

Message 32 of 38

MI5
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Let it settle down and reboot it them see if there are any issues that we need to look at.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 33 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything rebooted.  Mobile Data turned off.  Phone says connected to Wi-Fi BUT, it can't open a web page (note all my browser windows have gone, they were not backed up, but presume they were just in the phone memory - they were not bookmarks).

So I am back to square one.  No Wi-Fi 😞

Message 34 of 38

MI5
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Have you rebooted your router?
Check and see if you can connect to another hotspot (good excuse to go for a Big Mac :))

Currently using:
Message 35 of 38

MI5
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Also check your BB providers status page for example Virgin's is here https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

Currently using:
Message 36 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5.  Everything was connecting so knew there was no problem with my BB provider (Virgin) i.e. laptop, Games Console etc.

Have turned the Router off and on.  Turned the phone off and on.  Turned Phone Wi-Fi on.  It connected. Updated 22 applications.

Turned off Wi-Fi on the phone and back on again - it connected Jaw-dropping

So for now .... it's working.

Thanks so much for your help.

Message 37 of 38

MI5
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Keeping fingers crossed mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 38 of 38