cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how easy is it to have my number changed

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i was wondering if anyone could advise

my partner is getting harrassed by her ex with both txts and calls they have now started using a witheld number so im looking to get her number changed how easy is this

thanx simon

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Simon it's very easy just give O2 a call on 202 for monthly or 4445 for payg and they will change it once free of charge for her its a horrible thing to happen

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Simon it's very easy just give O2 a call on 202 for monthly or 4445 for payg and they will change it once free of charge for her its a horrible thing to happen
Message 2 of 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Very easy ring o2 and explain the situation and they will do 1 number change for free

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's also worth knowing that these calls and texts are illegal and if she can't change the number for any reason I'm sure the police would be interested as the identity will be known.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

many thanx guys will get onto it asap

thanx simon

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome hope all goes ok
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

my other option is to get o2 to block his number but as its now witheld wud this work?

Si

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
No O2 can't block numbers your phone may have that ability but not for a withheld number but as Perksie has said it is illegal and the police can be involved it just depends if you want to go down that route or just change the number
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanx damian was just a thought 

her phone wont block numbers htc rubbish lol

police are involved already we are putting a case forward to the CPS in the next week or so

involving other incidents as well

cheers simon

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh ok might be worth hanging on then if the numbers important to her although to be honest even if the person is convicted there's not a lot to stop them ringing it from a pay phone I would change the number personally
Message 10 of 15