cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing phones

Anonymous
Not applicable

i've switched phones but am still on my contract but it won't let me use the internet at all and says i have to pay

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
So firstly, did you change your data bolt on to a smartphone bolt on rather than a BB bolt on? If not, call CS on 202 and ask them to change your bolt on to a smartphone standard data package.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
From what phone have you switched from/to? What is telling you to pay?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

from the blackberry 9800 torch, to samsung wave 723 gt-s7230E

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

and i have to pay to use the internet and can't access it 

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
So firstly, did you change your data bolt on to a smartphone bolt on rather than a BB bolt on? If not, call CS on 202 and ask them to change your bolt on to a smartphone standard data package.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

and i have to pay to use the internet and can't access it 

I don't understand this bit but change the bolt on first then check if issue still persists.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I take it you mean apn or have I got that wrong
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have spoken to the advisors and they're changing the boltons, does that change my data allowance aswell?

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The amount of your allowance will stay the same but the way data is delivered to your phone will change. Previously you were requesting data through BB servers on a non BB phone so it will have caused confusion.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

ah ok thankyou!

Message 10 of 12