cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bleeding screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey....

so this morning I woke up to a funky neon purple light down the left hand side of my screen. And then appeared what I can only describe as a purple ink blot in the left hand corner. Throughout the day this has grown and I can barely see any screen now. It is still technically on and I have some use, as in I can attempt to enter my pin, but the right hand side of the screen is not working, so although i can enter my pin i can't ok it and I cant use my thumb print as it needs a pin after restarting. My question is it's not insured, but as there's not any physical damage to the screen and this has just gone like this do I have any options available that doesn't involve me paying an arm and leg? Also I tried to connect to my computer to save my photos but it says that there is nothing on the device? I'm also still receiving calls/text/facebook ect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It sounds as if it needs repairing. How long have you had the device? Is it still under warranty?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the phone (samsung galaxy s6) about 14 months so it's still under warrantly from carphone warehouse. But they say that cracked screen isn't included but this isn't a cracked screen so unsure were I stand. Had a look on o2 and the only option I could see was for me to upgrade but I'd have to pay nearly £200 to just upgrade! I'm also unsure as to were I stand if eveywhere refuses to honour the warranty. Because with my monthly contract am I not also paying for the handset? So would I still be expected to pay my full price even without a working handset?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Best to contact Samsung directly as they can tell if it’s been dropped or damaged in any other way.
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous! Sorry to hear about your phone screen. fearful Please do let us know how it goes if you decide to contact Samsung as advised above.

Thank you @Cleoriff and @MI5sunflower

Message 5 of 5