cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp/Instagram problem after Nougat update (S6)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a Samsung S6 which recently updated to Nougat. 

Now I'm having problems with Whatsapp (usually when viewing status or making voice/video calls) and Instagram (again, mostly with video)

I'm not sure what's wrong. Both apps worked perfectly before the update.

I have already done a factor reset and that did not fix the problem.

Thanks for any advice.

Paul

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Reinstalling apps or factory resetting usually fixes glitches such as this but as it hasn't in your case, I'd give Samsung a call to see if they are aware of any issues.
I don't think it's a widespread issue though as it's not being reported everywhere so it's probably worth deleting the apps then factory resetting again from the recovery menu first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous welcome to the forum! Please let us know if the above worked for you and if you got the apps working?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just another thought.
Check your app permissions are set to allow use of camera and mic for video calling.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4