cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really been trying to upgrade but nobody at O2 seems to want to give me a deal. Been promised call backs and not done, last person dropped the call! All I want is to upgrade my phone! I think I will more than likely be changing service unless by some miracle somebody from O2 sorts out the deal I want and calls me
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unlikely mate.
You’d be better off with another network anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous! Sorry to hear you have been unable to upgrade! 😞 Did you have any luck with this yet?

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

no luck what so ever and been over a month, in light of this im thinking of cancelling

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call backs hardly ever happen. Never have and I can only assume they use it as a tactic to get customers off the call.
If you call 202 and choose the I’m thinking of leaving option you will go through to the recontract team.
That’s your best chance of a deal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is something I've never understood about o2. When I've had a contract phone from other networks the sales teams have rang up when the contract is close to finishing to offer a shiny new contract, with o2 they leave it for you to do the legwork. Seems a risky strategy, to me...
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@a_hcir wrote:
This is something I've never understood about o2. When I've had a contract phone from other networks the sales teams have rang up when the contract is close to finishing to offer a shiny new contract, with o2 they leave it for you to do the legwork. Seems a risky strategy, to me...

Not sure about that @a_hcir. When my last two sim only contracts were due to end I had a call from O2.

Contract end date is always clearly displayed in My O2...Of course if you don't take responsibility, your contract will keep rolling on so O2 don't lose out at all.

I think the problem is when 3rd party suppliers ring and assure you they are from O2 when they actually aren't. People end up paying for a contract totally unsuited to their needs.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7