cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung wave y wants a sim password!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My mum gave me her Samsung Wave y phone. I previously had a blackberry but the battery wasn't too good on it so I moved to this phone but when I put the sim in it asked for a sim password, I don't remember having one and the blackberry never asked me to type one in! How do I find out what this password is?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't think you can someone must have set it on the sim rather than the phone you will need a new sim
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

sadly it's my own sim! i never set a password on it before 😞

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has someone else had access to your phone because it must have been set
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, and my blackberry never asked me for one which was kind of odd

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
It wouldn't of asked you unless you switched it off and back on again which most people don't tend to do slight_smile
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

It turned itself off all of the time because of the crappy battery and when i turned it back on it didn't need a password 😕

Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well if its a sim pin then there's no way around it if you enter the wrong pin I think it's three times it will disable the sim
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what im not sure of, its called SIM pin and i've typed in tons of different numbers, the was no limit ... not sure what sort of password they are expecting me to type in 😕

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's normally a 4 digit number pin but there is no way to reset it unfortunately
Message 10 of 19